Peer Tutoring Services
The Student Success Center (SSC) tutoring services support classroom instruction by helping students become better learners and gain the confidence and skills to achieve their greatest possible academic success.
SSC Tutorial Service Expected Outcomes:
After using our program for an appropriate amount of time, and within the context of each student's individual needs, students will:
Tutoring through the SSC is available at six campus locations:
- Express a more positive attitude toward the subject they are studying
- Use effective learning skills
- Improve their academic performance
- Delta Residential Complex Living Learning Center – Computer Lab 2nd Floor
- Harrold Residential Complex Living Learning Center – Johnson Study Room
- John B. Watson Memorial Library
- Math Lab – Cain-Gilleland Hall Room 112
- Viralene J. Coleman Computerized Writing Center – Corbin Hall Room 105
Download or print the tutoring schedule
that includes the days and hours of operation.
Become a Peer Tutor
- Full-time student currently registered at UAPB as a sophomore, junior, or senior;
- 3.0 GPA or higher in all courses you wish to tutor;
- Maintain at least a 3.0 overall cumulative GPA while in the tutoring position;
- Complete a Tutor Application and understand tutor responsibilities;
- Submit two (2) completed faculty recommendation forms
If you have questions about Student Success Center programs and services, please call 870-575-8368/8366/8370 or email us directly at email@example.com. To submit your tutoring application, please scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.