Central Receiving & Stores
The Central Receiving Department includes Central Stores, Property Control and Moving. Central Receiving is located at 122 North University Drive, Hazzard Gym Annex. Receiving is responsible for the receipt, storage and delivery of supplies and equipment that enters the UAPB campus.
Central Stores is responsible for ordering, stocking of office supplies, storage and distribution. Most items are on state contract. A Central Store requisition is required to purchase supplies.
Property Management is responsible for maintaining the record of all equipment purchased by the University. We have implemented a new computerized inventory system that meets all accountability issues as they relate to inventory.
To perform their duties the Property Management will perform the following:
- Tags and enters into the computer system new equipment as it arrives on the UAPB campus
- Records transfers, deletions and reconciles to the General Ledger
- Conduct semi-annual inventory using the barcode scanning system
- Process forms to dispose of equipment by state mandated procedures
- Authorize and set-up surplus equipment for Market and Redistribution