School Name

student financial services

Department Name

Main Content

Help for Filling out the FAFSA

Go to
Remember, the FAFSA is FREE to complete and you don’t need money in order to fill out the application.
Log in using your FSA ID
If you completed a FAFSA last year: Click “Login” and enter your FSA ID. If you haven’t changed your old PIN to an FSA ID, do so at here. If possible, make sure you link your PIN during the FSA ID registration process. Otherwise, you will need to wait 1-3 days before you can use your FSA ID to sign and submit your renewal FAFSA.

If this is your first time completing the FAFSA: Click “Start a new FAFSA” and enter your FSA ID. If you haven’t created an FSA ID yet, you can do that here. You will be able to use your FSA ID to sign and submit your new FAFSA right away.

If you are a parent: Click “login” and “Enter the student’s information”.

Choose which FAFSA you’d like to complete
The FAFSA that becomes available annually on *October 1 is for the subsequent academic year. You should complete the 2016–17 FAFSA if you will be attending college between August 2016 and June 30, 2017. Remember, the FAFSA is not a one-time thing. You must complete your FAFSA each school year. Students who apply early and provide all required financial aid and admissions documents timely may be considered for maximum campus-based federal aid such as federal work-study. Early completion may also ensure financial aid is awarded prior to the beginning of the semester when payment is due. A FAFSA cannot be completed later than June 30th each year of the academic year of enrollment.

***New** - Effective for the 2017-18 academic year, new federal regulations allow a FAFSA to be completed as early as October 1st each year preceding the academic year the aid will be needed (this a change from the January 1 date). Income information from the previous two years will be used. Ex. A student attending in 2017-18 may apply for federal financial aid October 1, 2016. The income information and tax information used will be from 2015. This does not however assure availability of financial aid awards this early.

Enter your personal information
This is information like your name, date of birth, etc. If you have completed the FAFSA in the past, a lot of your personal information should pre-populate to save you time. Make sure you enter your personal information exactly as it appears on official government documents. (Absolutely, no nicknames.)

Enter your financial information
You should use income records as requested on the FAFSA application. You will use information from the 2015 tax year when the completing the 2016 FAFSA and the 2017 FAFSA. If your taxes have been completed you may be able to automatically import your tax information into the FAFSA. It makes completing the FAFSA super easy!

Choose up to 10 schools
Make sure you add any school you are interested in attending, even if you haven’t applied or been accepted yet. You can add up to 10 schools to your FAFSA at a time. The necessary information will be sent over to the schools you listed so they can calculate the amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive. If you’re applying to more than 10 schools,this is what you do. Enter UAPB’s school code (001086) when completing the FAFSA.

Sign the document with your FSA ID*
Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature, or e-signature. You’ll use it to electronically sign and submit your FAFSA. If you don’t have an FSA ID, you’ll need to get one If you’re considered a dependent student, at least one of your parents or your legal guardian will need an FSA ID as well. You will use your FSA ID to renew/correct your FAFSA each school year, so keep it in a safe place. If you have forgotten your FSA ID, you can retrieve it. If you have siblings, your parent can use the same FSA ID to sign FAFSAs for them as well.
*If you are considered a dependent student, your parent(s) will also need to do this.

If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you do not need parent(s’) information on the FAFSA.
• You will reach the age of 24 by January 1, 2013
• You will be working on an advanced degree (Master’s, PhD, etc.)
• You are married as of the date of FAFSA filing
• You have children for which you provide more than half of the support
• You are a veteran or active member of the armed services
• Both of your parents are deceased OR you are a ward of the court
• You were adopted or in foster care after the age of 13.

  Financial Aid Process
Help for filling out the FAFSA 
Financial Aid Awards
Types of Financial Assistance
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy 
Payment of Institutional Charges
Disbursement of Books and Supplies 
Disbursement of Financial Aid Funds and Credit Balance Refunds
Electronic Refund Methods 
Return of Title IV Funds

Contact Us

Office of Student Financial Services (Financial Aid and Student Accounts)
1301 L A “Prexy” Davis Dr., Mail Slot 4985
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Office: 870-575-8302
Fax: 870-575-4622