Tab Content - One
Career Connections Overview
This is a powerful on-line connection between UAPB students, alumni and employers for job opportunities which includes internships, Cooperative Education, part-time and permanent positions powered by Symplicity.
Please check out what can be done with Career Connections:
- Upload your resumes
- View and apply for Cooperative Education, internships, part-time and permanent positions using
- Stay abreast of career opportunities and events sponsored by Career Services
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Sign-up for Employer Information Sessions
- Schedule an appointment with your career coordinator
- Register for Career Services’ New Student Orientation
- Research what you can do with your major
- Register job outlook and average salary ranges for your major or career goals
Click below to get started:
Career Connections is funded in part by a grant from the U. S. Department of Education, Office of Post-Secondary Education, Institutional Services Program (Title III, Part B, Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program).
Tab Content - Two
How to Register with Career Services
- Create an account by clicking the Career Connections link
- Once in Career Connections, click on New User and complete application
- You will receive an email entitled UAPB Career Services Registration process
- Email will include your student ID and a link to set your password
- Click on the link to set your password
- Click save to enter Career Connections
Tab Content - Three
Sign up for Workshop
- Login to Career Connections
- Click on the Events tab
- Select and click on workshop that best fits your schedule
- Go to the bottom of screen and click RSVP
- Complete the attached Student Credential form and bring to orientation
Tab Content - Four
Submit a Resume
Email your resume to the coordinator for your major. See coordinators below:
School of Business and Management, School of Arts and Sciences/Liberal Arts Units
School of Education
School of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Human Sciences
School of Arts and Sciences/Liberal and Fine Arts Units, Science and Technology Units
Tab Content - Five
TypeFocus is a leading developer of online personality type resources. TypeFocus measures three interactive concepts: personality, interests and values. The combination of the three instruments give unparalleled power to providing you with great insights and accurate results.
Click here to get started:
Click New Users Start Here!
Enter name, email address, and set a password.
Enter Access Code: 9FFAA873
Job Search Links
In addition to Career Connections' NACELink job search, Typefocus can also be used to search jobs through , the #1 job site worldwide with over 140 million unique visitors per month.
Additional job search links:
Cover Letter Sample
Dress for Success
Secrets to Interview Success
Tab Content - Six
Employers are checking out candidates on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. Social media when used the wrong way can backfire and jeopardize a job offer or even your current job. It’s important to be careful and consider what you shouldn’t do, as well as what you should do, when using social media to job search. The information you post on these sites can be used to determine if you get that summer internship or permanent position.
When you're looking for a job or positioning yourself for career growth, it's important to have an online presence where you can showcase your skills and experience. LinkedIn is the #1 professional networking site used to develop your professional online presence during your job search process.
Getting started on your professional profile on Linkedin is easy.
You can start by clicking here:
Not sure how to get started? Click here for tips: How to Build a Great Student Profile
If you have question, please feel free to contact the Office of Career Services at (870) 575-8461 for assistance.
The Office of Career Services uses Social Media to post jobs and advertise events. Follow us….