Grant Accounting (ORSP)
Grants Accounting (ORSP)
The mission of Grants Accounting is to ensure the proper financial administration of grant awards and contracts that the University has received through external funding. Our department handles the post-award administration of these projects and coordinates our efforts with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, which is responsible for pre-award project administration.
Following are the major areas of responsibility of Grants Accounting:
1. Approving complete proposal packages, including the proposal budget, prior to submission to agencies.
2. Reviewing and processing contract awards. Issuing sub-award agreements under sponsored projects.
3. Designation of new account numbers for the establishment of project/cost centers in accordance with restrictions imposed by outside sources as to use of funds.
4. Maintaining award files that include: a copy of the proposal; the signed agreement; the approved budget; invoices; close-out documents (added after the end of the award). All files and accounting records for sponsored projects are made available for on-site audits by Federal or Non-federal auditors.
5. Preparing reports on sponsored funding awarded to the University, including the Federal Assistance Schedule, Arkansas State Clearinghouse Reports, reports to the management and outside agencies.
6. Examination of requisitions, interdepartmental invoices, personnel action forms (PAFs) and other documentation to ensure that accounts are properly spent. Monitoring compliance with special provisions of awards.
7. Preparing invoices, specialized billing; interim and financial reports per outside funding agency requirements. Collecting accounts receivable for grants.
8. Recording Fringe Benefits and Indirect Cost journal entries to the General Ledger.
9. Testing accuracy of payroll charges to projects by comparing Personnel Action Forms to the actual charges. Inform payroll and personnel of any discrepancy and make entries to correct any inaccurate charges. Preparing and processing Time and Effort Certification Reports for individuals paid from federal sponsored projects and matching accounts for federal projects.
10. Organizing internal training sessions on grant administration and compliance. Provide individual consultations and answer requests from Principals Investigators.
11. Closing out awards and general ledger accounts.
Jonail Landers – Fiscal Support Analyst
Rita Gates – Fiscal Support Analyst
Sherrie Wylie – Fiscal Support Analyst