The departments of Biology, Chemistry & Physics, Mathematical Sciences & Technology, and Nursing comprise the Science and Technology emphasis of the School of Arts and Sciences. These program offerings are designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide general education courses to all studetns of the University.
- To provide in-depth instruction in specific areas.
- To provide experiences that permit the students to gain knowledge of significant accomplishments in mathematics and the sciences.
- To assist students in developing critical and analytical thought patterns.
- To allow for individual creativity and development through the examination of special problems and participation in research.