School of Education
On behalf of the School of Education and all of our university and community partners, it is my privilege to welcome you to this site. The faculty and staff in the School of Education work hard to:
- Prepare highly qualified individuals for careers as professional educators or human service professionals through a variety of degree program options;
- Recruit, retain and graduate a culturally diverse student population;
- Provide instruction based upon current research and best practice, with appropriate modeling of technology integration;
- Collaborate with public school practitioners and professionals from other community related agencies in the preparation of educators;
- Prepare candidates who exhibit ethical behavior consistent with laws and policies governing education; and
- Assist teacher candidates in the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and appropriate dispositions for educators.
We encourage you to stop by the School of Education in Room 229 of Dawson-Hicks Hall or call (870) 575-8256 for more information about our programs.