The Center for Teaching, Learning and Advising (CTLA) is designed to romote excellence inteaching at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. Under the auspices of the center, professional development activities, including workshops, seminars, training sessions, technical assistance, and classroom observations are provided to develop and enhance instructional and advisement skills. A major thrust of the center is to expand and coordinate distance education at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff by increasing the number of online courses offered. As such, the center assists faculty in the development and use of instructional technology; and provides online technical support for faculty and students with the ultimate goal of increasing teacher and student success. The center serves as a support area for the University Library and Learning Resource Center. The Center for Teaching, Learning and Advising is committed to increasing the retention and graduation rates of UAPB students by implementing an academic advisement system that will assist students in transitioning from University College to their departmental majors at the beginning of the sophomore year.
· To increase the number of teachers who demonstrate improved teaching strategies and academic assessment
· To increase student retention and graduation rates each year
Academic Measurement and Assessment - The Center provides...
· Analysis of effective teaching and learning
· Data bases on various teaching and learning assessments
· Integration of data into a comprehensive approach to teaching and learning
Instructional Support - The Center staff...
· Makes referrals to available resources on and off campus
· Maintains catalogues of instructional resources
· Provides training in the use of technology in the classroom
· BLACKBOARD LEARN
Funded by UAPB Title III Program