Faculty & Staff
1. Persons with faculty status as defined in the current faculty handbook, except for the adjunct and visiting categories, holding full-time faculty appointments who have completed three or more full years of service to the University may be nominated; faculty who have administrative responsibilities are eligible if their teaching duties are 50% or more of their work assignment for the academic year in which they are nominated. Full-time employees who have completed three or more full years of service to the University may be nominated.
2. Persons can only receive an award once in the same category every three years.
1. There shall be a selection committee composed of five members.
2. No member of the selection committee shall be employed by the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
3. The Chancellor shall appoint the selection committee.
|1. The composition of the committee shall be broadly representative of the disciplines in the colleges/schools in the University.|
|2. Committee members may be selected from the academic and nonacademic spheres of endeavor.|
1. Administration of the award process.
Administrative support for the award process shall be the responsibility of the Office of the Chancellor and the Senate.
|2. Solicitation of nominations.
1. No later than October of each year, the Senate shall advise members of the campus community of the award process and application procedure.
2. Information about the awards shall be widely disseminated throughout the campus community to encourage nominations from Administrators, Deans, Chairpersons, Faculty and Staff.
|3. Preparation of application packets.
1. Applicants are responsible for preparation of their packets containing information as specified in the attachment, Preparation and Submission of Application Packets.
2. Deans, Department chairs or equivalent administrators shall cooperate with applicants in assembling supporting evidence.
|4. Submission of application packets.
1. One copy of each packet for the awards shall be submitted to the selection committee by the date specified
2. The selection committee will notify the office of the chancellor five days after the application closing the number of applicants in each category
3. If a suitable number has not been reached, an award will not be given in that category.
|5. Selection committee action.
1. The selection committees shall meet as necessary in order to complete the selection of the award winners.
|1. The committee shall review all materials as are submitted in the nomination packet.|
|2. The proceedings of the committees shall be confidential.|
|3. The selection committee shall forward one copy of the application packets of the winners of the awards to the office of the Chancellor no later than the date specified in the announcement.|