CRITERIA FOR APPLYING FOR RECLASSIFICATION AS AN ARKANSAS RESIDENT FOR TUITION AND FEE PURPOSES
• A completed application must be notarized before it is returned to the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Student Financial Services, 1301 North LA "Prexy" Davis Dr., Mail Slot 4985, Pine Bluff, AR 71601. We are located in Caldwell Hall, Room 102. Office hours are between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have question you may call us at (870) 575-8302.
• The application must be received in our office no later than the fifth day of class for the term in which reclassification is being requested (third day of class for Summer Sessions). Applications received after the deadline will be considered for the next semester or session.
• Allow a minimum two weeks for your application to be evaluated. The results will be mailed to you at the address indicated on your application notifying you of approval, denial, or the need for additional information.
• There is no deferment of out-of-state tuition while awaiting a decision about your application for reclassification. All fees are to be paid by the published due dates. If you receive a favorable decision after you have paid all tuition and fees and have a zero balance, the out-of-state fees you paid will be refunded.
• Any student who knowingly gives erroneous information in an attempt to evade the payment of “out-of-state” fees may be subject to dismissal from the University.
If a student is under 23 years of age and unmarried, that student cannot be a resident of Arkansas for fee paying purposes unless; one of the parents is a legal resident of the state. Exceptions are made only if the student can provide evidence that he or she is self-supporting and financially independent from the parents.
INSTRUCTIONS CHECKLIST FOR APPLYING FOR RECLASSIFICATION
Because the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees Policy governing reclassification states the burden of proof is on the person seeking to be reclassified, all of the following must be submitted and verified by the student for eligibility.
A. **Has established financial independence and has left the parental home.
B. Has established in the state of Arkansas a home of permanent nature as listed by the Good Faith Acts.
C. Has physically resided (lived) in Arkansas for at least six (6) months prior to the beginning of the term for which fees are to be paid.
D. Has an expectation of remaining in the State of Arkansas beyond graduation.