Student Teaching & Learning
|Students seeking admissions to Student Teaching must meet the following requirements:
- Must apply by March 15 for a Fall semester assignment or apply by October 20 for a Spring semester assignment.
- Must receive approval for admission to the professional semester.*
- Must have been admitted to the School of Education.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or better and a letter grade of "C" or better in all teacher education courses.
- Must have exited University College.
- Must have satisfied the state-approved scores on the PRAXIS I and on the PRAXIS II.
- Must have completed all required professional education and major courses including HIST 3300 Arkansas History with a grade of "C" or better.
- Must show proof of S-AEA membership for liability protection or show proof of other liability insurance in the amount of $100,000.
- Must have on file an approved degree plan.
- Must present evidence of a recent within past three (3) months negative TB skin test or X-ray.
- Must agree not to enroll in more than 1-4 semester hours credit during the professional semester. Students who violate this policy will be withdrawn from the professional semester.
- Must apply for a state and national criminal background check (Act 1313 of 1997).
Admission to the School of Education
Student Teaching Application
For additional information, contact:
Willie Mae Hobbs
Field Experience Coordinator
of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N. University Drive, Mail Slot 4927
Pine Bluff, AR 71601