Student Teaching & Learning
Students seeking admissions to Student Teaching must meet the following requirements:
For additional information, contact:
- Must apply by March 15 for a Fall semester assignment or apply by October 20 for a Spring semester assignment.
- Must receive approval for admission to the professional semester.*
- Must have been admitted to the School of Education.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or better and a letter grade of "C" or better in all teacher education courses.
- Must have exited University College.
- Must have satisfied the state-approved scores on the PRAXIS I and on the PRAXIS II.
- Must have completed all required professional education and major courses including HIST 3300 Arkansas History with a grade of "C" or better.
- Must show proof of S-AEA membership for liability protection or show proof of other liability insurance in the amount of $100,000.
- Must have on file an approved degree plan.
- Must present evidence of a recent within past three (3) months negative TB skin test or X-ray.
- Must agree not to enroll in more than 1-4 semester hours credit during the professional semester. Students who violate this policy will be withdrawn from the professional semester.
- Must apply for a state and national criminal background check (Act 1313 of 1997).
Willie Mae Nesby
Field Experience Coordinator
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N. University Drive, Mail Slot 4927
Pine Bluff, AR 71601