School Name

student affairs

Department Name

Main Content

Disability Services/Veteran Affairs

Veterans Affairs serves the needs of all veterans on campus and prospective student veterans, as well as military service members attending UAPB. Our office supplements other campus units with special emphasis on the transition and retention of veterans. Our staff maintains productive relationships with offices, agencies and programs throughout UAPB in order to best respond to veteran needs and provide resources. We work intentionally with the departments within the Division of Student Affairs to proactively address needs presented by the veterans on our campus through campus wide programming.

Important Forms:

Requirements for New and Transfer students:
  • Be admitted to the university
  • Register for courses
  • Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA. If that has not been received yet, a copy of the VA application may be used in the meantime.
  • Complete and submit the Veterans Educational Benefits Enrollment Data Form (Gold Form) once registered for classes.
  • Provide a copy of your degree plan

Where do I Start?
What happens next?
To receive benefits, you must apply through the Department of Veterans Affairs.

For instructions and application forms, visit the VA website at or call   1-888-GIBILL1.

The submission of electronic applications using their VONAPP process is strongly encouraged.

 The VA will process your application and send you a letter notifying you of their decision (may take several weeks). If you are approved to receive benefits, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA.

Once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility, submit a copy to the Veterans Affairs Office along with the Veterans Educational Benefits Enrollment Data Form (Gold Form).

Documents can be faxed to (870) 575-4652 or sent to:
University of Arkansas Pine Bluff
1200 North University Drive, Mail Slot 4949
Pine Bluff, AR 71601

After all of the required documents are received, the VA Certifying Official will submit a 22-1999 enrollment certification to the VA to initiate payments. This is submitted electronically and you will receive an email confirmation.

To find out about our services or if you have questions about certification or benefits, call Michael Bumpers, Director at (870)575-8089, or come by our office in Caldwell Hall Room 206.